- Coastal Kayak named as the Best Family Attraction in the state of Delaware by the Trip Advisor company Vacation Rentals.com November 2014
- Washington Post highlighted Coastal Kayak’s Instruction and Tour Program. Read article here!
- Coastal Kayak eco-tours featured in NAI’s Legacy magazine Sept/Oct 2008
- Listed as a “Seashore Surprise” AAA World July/August 2008
- Picked as one of “10 fun things to do at the beach” 2001 Beach Guide by Washington Post and again in a Road Trip section July 2008
- Included in Philadelphia Inquirer’s article about the “7 Delights of the Delmarva” July 2006
- Listed as a “Wetland Warrior” Outdoor Delaware Fall 2005
- Highlighted in The Good Life section of Style magazine July/August 2003
- Listed as one of America’s most wanted “get out there” adventures. Travel Holiday Magazine June 2000
- Coastal Kayak eco-tours highlighted in Mid-Atlantic Travel Magazine Spring/Summer 1999
- Coastal Kayak spotlighted in Post Travel Plus section of the New York Post November 1998
Great First Experience
Sarah and Sean were our guides on our very first kayak trip and it was great. Sarah's initial instructions were detailed and on point for a beginner which led to a great first experience. Sarah provided a lot of interesting historical/local information along the way and we saw numerous ponies on Assateague Island which enriched our entire trip!
Beautiful Morning Tour!
We booked the Burton's Island Eco-tour in mid-June, and had a wonderful time. Although we have kayaked before, we are still novices, and Sarah and Dave made us (and, I think, everyone in the group -- including a family of first-time kayakers) feel really comfortable. It was nice to have a female/male guide pairing -- good role models for everyone in the group.I've taken intro paddling classes before that have overwhelmed me with information and techniques. Sarah's mini-lesson gave me more useful practical information (in about five minutes) than the multi-hour versions. We had beautiful weather, excellent paddling conditions (very high tide and wind, but these weren't a problem), and saw a LOT of wildlife: snowy egrets, horseshoe crabs, blue crabs, osprey (including nesting pairs), and lots and lots of terrapins, Great balance of wildlife and eco/historical info about the location with quiet paddling time. The only thing that would have made us happier would have been to stay all day, and come back the next. We will absolutely return to Coastal Kayak the next time we vacation in the area.
Great Guided Kayak Trip!
Josh and Belle did a great job guiding our tour, introducing us to birds, crabs, etc. Highly recommend!!
You Must Do This
We have been paddle boarding for a little while. We decided that taking a lesson was the best next step. Mitch was perfect and could not have been more supportive. To do something better it's always a good idea to turn to a pro. Coastal Kayak with Jennifer and Mitch is the right place to go. Call them up and have some fun.
Great trip for beginning and experienced kayakers. Lots of wildlife, and our guide Sarah was very knowledgeable. Perfect for all ages.